Submission of abstracts and Posters
As previous years, you can submit an abstract for presentation during our International Symposium. After screening you will be contacted with further information.
New this year is the poster session. There will be a dedicated space for poster sessions during our 2-day event. More information about when-how-where will be mailed if your poster is selected. Complete the file on the page and clarify in the title field if you send and abstract or poster.
Guidelines for submission
- Abstracts can only be submitted electronically through the Congress website.
- You are allowed to be the presenting author of more than one abstract.
- The subject must be in the field of extracorporeal circulation/technology, cardiac anesthesia or surgery, cardiac ICU.
- Abstract must be written in English.
- The maximum length allowed for an abstract is 2500 characters (approximately 350 words) including blank spaces.
- Use standard abbreviations for units of measure. Other abbreviations should be spelled out in full at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parenthesis (exceptions: RNA, DNA, etc.).
- It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by the author. Abstract titles will be subject to a spell check if the abstract is selected for presentation.
- Choose a preferred presentation type (oral or poster)
- Oral presenters will be allocated 10 minutes for their presentation and 5 minutes for questions and answers with the audience.
- Posters should be portrait format 120cm high and 90cm wide A0 format. Please take into account the usual recommendations for posters (do not overload with text, use sufficiently large character and symbol size etc.).